The mechanics of creative IP protection
Manufacturers of mechanical, electro-mechanical, and consumer products face intense competition from around the globe. As barriers to market entry continue to get lower, companies need to safeguard intellectual property assets that are often challenging to protect.
Lando & Anastasi meets this challenge with IP solutions that are both innovative and cost-effective. We combine deep technical expertise, including advanced engineering degrees and design experience, with insight gained as in-house corporate counsel. We understand the pressures our clients face and we have the expertise to create strategies that maximize the value of their IP portfolios, effectively and efficiently.
Our collaborative model enables us to leverage expertise in a wide range of related areas, including electronics, software, and computer technology. This allows us to more effectively analyze, identify, and describe the inventive aspects of even the most sophisticated invention or product.
Our proven expertise in mechanical systems and consumer products enables L&A to:
- Provide strategic analysis of commercially important intellectual property assets, from advanced fabrication technologies to novel consumer electronics. We can assess and manage patent portfolios to make the most of their IP investment, while effectively managing business risk.
- For new products, we can analyze and prioritize core technology elements to focus patent filings, including utility and design patent protection, on the most valuable and protectable IP assets, maximizing budget efficiency.
- Provide comprehensive IP support, from preparing and negotiating non-disclosure and consulting agreements to advising clients on licensing and joint development agreements and acquisitions/divestitures.
- Protect valuable brands with strategic trademark counseling, clearance, and portfolio management.
We serve clients of all sizes in a range of mechanical and consumer product areas, including:
- Manufacturing systems
- Architectural and construction systems
- Electronics and semiconductor assembly equipment
- Electronic cables and connectors
- Filtration systems
- Automotive parts and repair devices
- Safety equipment and systems
- HVAC systems
- Sporting, athletic, and outdoor equipment
- Electronic enclosure systems
- Footwear and clothing
- Consumer products including housewares and appliances, toys and games, tools, and kitchen, home and garden equipment.