Proactively protecting valuable brands and works
Trademarks and copyrights are key elements of a company’s brand equity. In today’s global, Internet-centric marketplace, those assets are under greater threat than ever before. Vigorously and proactively protecting valuable brands and works is a matter of strategic importance.
Lando & Anastasi has the expertise and experience to create comprehensive trademark and copyright strategies that balance real-world needs with budget realities. We take the time to understand how each client’s trademarks and copyrights fit into their business strategy and their marketplace. This insight enables us to provide tailored solutions for protecting and policing brand assets that are both effective and efficient.
Our experienced trademark and copyright team has the proven ability to:
- Advise on the selection of new trademarks in development, helping determine their viability early in the clearance process.
- Help prioritize trademarks and copyrights and develop a tailored strategy that provides cost-effective protection of business-critical assets, in light of long-term business goals.
- Manage the trademark clearance process at the state, federal, and international levels, including asserting and defending cancellation proceedings and oppositions to registration.
- Develop customized acquisition and protection strategies for Internet-based intellectual property assets, including web domain names. This includes negotiating, acquiring, divesting, and policing valuable domain names; when necessary, we also represent clients in actions under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP).
- Provide proactive, ongoing policing to protect trademarks and copyrights from abuse and infringement.
- Advise on securing and protecting copyrights, including registration with the U.S. Copyright Office and negotiating effective agreements with copyright owners.
We can provide solutions for securing trademark and copyright protection in markets around the world, in partnership with a global network of IP attorneys.