Greg works with clients of all sizes to leverage their intellectual assets through strategic patent portfolio development and management. He prosecutes patent applications domestically and abroad in a wide range of technologies. Greg uses the insight gained from nearly a decade of technical experience in the semiconductor industry to maximize clients’ return on their intellectual property.
Some representative matters include:
- Drafted numerous patent applications in the fields of mechanical devices, electromechanical medical devices, computer software, semiconductor devices and packaging, and water treatment filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Prosecuted numerous patent applications in the fields of water and waste treatment, energy and “green” technologies, materials, consumer products, business methods, electronic gaming, medical devices, semiconductor devices and packaging, power distribution devices, electrical devices and circuitry, software, and financial products.
- Drafted opinions regarding non-infringement and interpretation of claims of competitors’ patents.
- Prepared and prevailed in numerous Appeals before the BPAI.
Greg spent several years working in semiconductor device fabrication for Intel in various positions, including process engineering and quality control. Specific projects included the transfer of new manufacturing technology from development to high volume production factories, various process optimization and cost reduction projects, and the development of systems for the monitoring of production and quality metrics.
Education and Prior Experience
- University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly, Franklin Pierce Law Center), J.D., cum laude
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, M.S., Materials Science, M.B.A.
- Cornell University, B.S., Materials Science
- Article Editor, IDEA: The Intellectual Property Law Review
Admissions, Memberships, and Acknowledgements
- Admitted to practice law in Massachusetts
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Member, Boston Patent Law Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association