Partners Eric Carnevale, Nathan Harris, and Nicole Palmer presented
When: January 27
Significant developments in patent law in the federal courts in 2020, including:
- Supreme Court decisions affecting patent rights;
- Changes to the PTAB’s practice, in particular regarding petitions for inter partes review; and
- A selection of significant cases decided by the Federal Circuit over the course of the year
Trademark and Copyright decisions from 2020, including:
- Protectability of color trademarks on products and packaging;
- “.sucks” and other generic top-level domains (gTLDs);
- Recovery of trademark infringer’s profits;
- “Use in commerce” requirements in the cannabis industry; and
- the interoperability of software and recent procedural changes at the USPTO in light of the Google v. Oracle copyright case currently before the Supreme Court.
A high-level overview of domestic and international practice updates and trends, including:
- Patentable subject matter;
- Substantive legislation and rule changes;
- Trade; and
- The global response to the pandemic.
To watch a full recording of the presentation, please click here.
SHARE THIS POST