Part of Startup Boston Week 2023
Date: Tuesday, September 12th
Time: 2:00–3:00 pm ET
Location: Suffolk University, Sargent Hall
110 Tremont Street, Boston or ONLINE
Bringing a new product or service to market successfully requires more than just a brilliant idea. It demands a comprehensive understanding of the market and competitors’ business, as well as any potential obstacles and a plan to navigate around them. This session is designed to enlighten startups by introducing the importance of “Freedom to Operate” (FTO) analyses and efficient approaches and considerations. While not legally required, undergoing FTO analysis will provide businesses and investors with greater confidence that the production, use, or sale of a new product or service may not infringe a patent of another, and can identify related risks; the FTO study may also provide competitive intelligence that can pay dividends in planning business strategies or identify potential collaborators. Furthermore, a comprehensive FTO study may be helpful for securing intellectual property rights.
Hear from our expert panel comprised of seasoned IP lawyers and successful founders who have firsthand experience in overcoming the challenges and intellectual property considerations associated with commercializing an idea. Our panel will provide actionable advice on conducting comprehensive patent searches and analyses, assessing potential risks, and strategizing for maximum IP protection aligned with your business.
During this interactive session, you will:
- Gain a clear understanding of what FTO entails and its potential advantage for startups.
- Explore diligence strategies to safeguard an IP portfolio and avoid infringement pitfalls.
- Gain insights into how licensing agreements, partnerships, and research grants could potentially affect your intellectual property protections.
- Understand how FTO influences funding, investments, and market opportunities for startups.
- Have the opportunity to ask questions and engage directly with our panelists.
Whether you’re a visionary entrepreneur with a disruptive idea or an emerging company ready to take the next leap, this session is a must-attend event. Don’t miss this opportunity to gain the knowledge, tools, and insights of experienced founders and set a clear path toward market success.
- Jay Cahill – IP Counsel, Markforged, Inc.
- Brian Hess – Founder & CEO, RevBio
- Peter Lando – Co-Founding Partner, Lando & Anastasi
- Angelyn Larkin, Ph.D. – Partner, Lando & Anastasi
- Andrea Reed – Of Counsel, Lando & Anastasi
Grab your FREE ticket to Startup Boston Week and start planning your agenda today!
About Startup Boston Week
Startup Boston Week is a completely free, five-day event (Sept 11–15, 2023) connecting and celebrating the Boston and New England startup community. Over the week there will be 80+ sessions, held both virtually and in-person at Suffolk University, that will help you start your company, grow your department, and kick off your startup career. Learn more at startupbos.org.
SHARE THIS POST