Keith applies his experience from more than 30 years in private practice and as in-house patent counsel, to best serve his clients. He works first to understand clients’ business goals, then devises cohesive, integrated intellectual property strategies to protect their innovations. Keith has a sincere appreciation for budgetary concerns and other internal pressures that can affect in-house decisions and, from his first-hand knowledge of in-house counsel needs, understands the importance of providing quality and cost-efficient legal services. From this experience, he has built an in-depth practice providing strategic counseling, patent and trademark prosecution, and negotiation of licensing, joint ventures, and other transactional agreements.
Keith focuses on technologies related to electronic, mechanical, and consumer products such as:
- materials and equipment used in the fabrication of semi-conductor substrates and printed circuit boards;
- optics and optical systems;
- data center equipment and architecture;
- functional and decorative chemistries;
- mechanical and electro-mechanical devices;
- sophisticated networks and system security architecture; and
- computer hardware and software.
Keith’s varied expertise enables him to understand the business challenges and needs of a diverse client base. He counsels a number of industry leaders, including:
- Raytheon / RTX Corporation
- Schneider Electric
- Specialty Coating Systems
- Markforged, Inc.
Prior to joining L&A, Keith served as vice president and corporate in-house patent counsel at large public companies. He was instrumental in overseeing the development of an extensive intellectual property portfolio, the enforcement of intellectual property against competitors, significant licensing fees, and exclusive positions in key technological areas.
Keith is a retired Major and Staff Judge Advocate for the Joint Forces Command in the Rhode Island Army National Guard.